Friday, July 7, 2017

Ms. Tarket's Summer Learning!

What did you do during the summer of 2017? I visited many great and fun places, but I also went to school! I learned an amazing amount, especially about different aspects of physics. Physics is the study of how things in the universe interact with one another.  We learned about speed, velocity, and acceleration.





We learned by reading, making rockets, and using reasoning to understand concepts.


Take a look at some of our rockets!  


We also had to research how to launch a probe to Mars, how to land it, and how to power it once it landed. 




We even researched rockets launch sites.



Check out what Ms.James and I discovered about a launch site in Guiana: 



What is all this learning for? So I can learn how to be a better teacher and have a deeper understanding of scientific concepts. I learned about Newtons first and second laws. Newton's First Law states,"
An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

State Standards

Language Arts

School Calendar

Link to school calendar